Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Double Minded

I am so excited that Andrew Kern is coming to Austin.  We are trying to work out a way for me to be there.  Here is one of his recent blog posts.  My favorite part:
Neither of us, neither the slave nor the free man, are to fear our masters. Both of us have the opportunity to please Christ. But you can’t please Christ if you fear men. You simply can’t. You will lose your mind, becoming double-minded, confused, anxious.
I think this is why it is SO important to be in the Word and be open to the transformation by the Word.  This is also why I need to de-junk.  I am collecting treasures from the wrong place.

The first part of this post is about the word pleasing - another reason to learn ancient languages - it gives you more insight into what is really being said in His word.   This is a word that has always been close to my heart and I am glad to better understand the original intention.

No comments: