Friday, October 12, 2007

Is the library overwhelming?

Today Reading Rockets pointed me to another great resource Just One More Book. It seems to be similar to Trelease's read aloud handbook - but since it is basically a blog and podcasts it keeps up with current literature. One of my cousins gave me Trelease's book as a baby gift - it was a GREAT idea! She even put notes about what her family liked - a very nice and helpful personal touch.

Anyway, I haven't explored everything on the site - but it looks like you can search by author or by subject area. It is an act of passion and love by the people who collect all this information. So, if you are looking for new books this might be the place to start. This is the type of thing I might do if I wasn't doing so many other things. I'm glad someone out there is doing it for the rest of us.

No comments: