Thursday, February 21, 2008

My son's first love

Well my son is smitten with the neighborhood stray cats - two in particular. He appreciates and recognizes the dogs, but he longs to see the cats. We'll be doing something inside the house and he will go to the window to look for the cat. He frequently makes his modified cat symbol while we are playing inside. If I tell him we need to put his shoes on to go outside he starts making the cat symbol. He loves cats. (Did I tell you I am VERY allergic to cats!)

It seems that the cats may be returning their love. I can't decide if it is a mutual display of affection or rent for using our front flower bed as a kitty litter box - but recently dead grasshoppers have been showing up on our doorstep. Much like the kind offerings I have heard cat owners say their cat makes for them.

I hope to get a picture of these cats to include in his A, B, C scrapbook someday. He really does love them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

TOO funny! TFS!!!