Wednesday, May 28, 2008

New Bed!

This weekend was "the big move" from the crib to the "big bed". My dad made a bed especially for little man. It is great and I have rarely seen the little guy so excited as when we moved it into his room. At first the transition was going well. In part because we were wearing him out and driving him to sleep after running errands in the morning. Today all that ended. He went to the zoo with Dad and was mostly asleep when he got home. We tried to put him down then but he would have none of it. Then I ran a few more errands and he was pretty much asleep again - but he refused to calm down enough to sleep in his bed. Finally desperation set in - after about an hour (I have a little project that needs to get done by tomorrow - we both needed him to sleep). So I told him that since he couldn't sleep in the big bed he was going back into the crib - he did. After a little bit of crying he settled down and is still sleeping. Normally a late nap starts at 12:15 for him - today he finally crashed at 2:15. It does look like he'll sleep close to two hours which is good.

I did finish my quilt while he was napping - it's for the Lutheran church in Costa Rica. Currently my creation is handwashing. I figured if it can't stand up to that then it's probably not good enough to give to someone else. We'll see! I will be VERY frustrated if it falls apart. For some reason my thread kept breaking and I really struggled with the binding this time. I am still a newbie. I really like making the tops but I don't enjoy finishing them off. It just seems tedious and not nearly as fun and creative as the rest of the project. I don't think I'm alone in this sentiment though.

UPDATE: The quilt survived the wash - YEAH. Now it just has to dry.

No comments: