Saturday, January 12, 2008

Too many projects

As I enter the new year I realize that I continue with the same bad habits. I was trying really hard not to continue the pattern - but I just seem to go in phases. So this week I will start my last grad school class (for now), start our montessori co-op up again, continue my new part-part time job and be a mom to a child who is finally starting to really walk! He has taken more independent steps recently which is very fun. In addition, we are considering doing some major remodeling in our house over the next few months. So don't be surprised if I kind of drop off the planet for a little while.

I did find a cool program today to help with basic math concepts. It is a free program that provides "manipulatives" on screen to help teach math. So if you don't have a bunch of unit, tens, hundreds blocks around your house - this program can approximate it. They also have directions on how to use it. Of course, part of it is just letting your child play with it to see how math "works". Anyway, I am bookmarking it and will hopefully use it someday. I found it through my montessori listserv and it is in keeping with the way that they teach math.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with everything. Remember to take some time for yourself in all the bussiness.