Sunday, January 13, 2008

The winds of change

Last week my parents were here and my dad outdid himself. He put in a new back door to our garage and then cleaned the garage. It could now win an award for cleanest garage. (It could also be a top contender for most books stored in a garage). Well this was the swift kick in the pants (plus the fact that school starts at my house soon) we needed to get our act together.

On Friday I sat around drooling over the Ikea catalog and considering all the great items I could buy to help me organize. Yesterday I had meetings. Today I returned to reality and realized that we had most of what we need - just not in the right place. So we have been reorganizing. Although I can't say it will remain spotless - we both agree that it is much improved. I even found an extra bookshelf for the coop. I might even create "curtians" for the bookcases to help little man stay out of them. Speaking of little man, even he was inspired to redecorate. In his room we have two short bedside tables with two drawers each that serve as his "dresser". Right before we went to bed he got behind one of them and started moving it around. It was pretty cute.

This might be a form of procrastination - but it has had good results.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad that your New Year is perhaps starting out better than you may have previously thought! As regards little man rearranging the furniture in his room as well ... ROFLOL!!! (BTW ... any photos?!?)