Sunday, June 08, 2008

Educational Musings

Well, I decided that I needed to better organize my thoughts about education, homeschooling and the like. So I created a wiki website to bring it all together. After trying blogging, using tags and other methods - this just seemed to make the most sense. I have no idea if anyone will benefit from it - but it is helpful to me to keep links together and in some sort of order. I invite your comments, other programs I should consider, etc. Again, it is pretty much in draft mode right now - but hopefully I will be faithful to this wiki (I think this is probably the third or fourth one I've created) and it will grow.

You can visit it here: www.educationalmusings.pbwiki.com. I don't think you need a password to see it. So from now on I intend to post most of my "educational" theories, curriculum and approaches over there. I have LOTS of theory - hopefully someday I can put it into practice. I will try to post my personal experiences with education here.

For example, we have started listening to the SWR phonogram CD. My hubby was listening to it and his comment was that it was WAY over little guys head. I told him that I was trying to learn it - not little man. It is helpful and I can see how the program is useful. Anyway, the fun part is that little guy is trying to repeat the sounds after me. So, he has NO concept of what he is doing but he is trying to be like mommy and make the sounds. Maybe this will make it easier when we actually start learning about letters and all those things.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lots o' info there! However, I suggest you edit the Front Page because it doesn't look like your wiki with all pbwiki's advertising still there. If not for the sidebar links, I would not have known it was your wiki. Good luck! Looks like a good way to organize the vast resources available today.

Pilgrim said...

Already done! I just wasn't thinking before I fixed it.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to follow your journey and learn some new things along the way. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Looking great! TFS!!!