Wednesday, June 04, 2008

I feel like Timmy

The other day I was telling a friend that I feel a little like Timmy from the show Lassie. My son is constantly pointing and trying to talk and I am trying to decipher what he is saying. Their typical conversation went like this:

Lassie (running up): Bark, bark
Timmy: "There's trouble, where? "
Lassie: bark, bark
Timmy: "at the well".

That's sort of how our day goes but it's more like:

little man: pointing and grunting - possibly sticking his pointer finger in his mouth - his sign for food
me: What would you like? A sandwich (since that is a staple of his diet).
Little man: exagerated yes nods
me: What kind of sandwich?
Little Man: but
me: Oh, you want peanut butter.
Little Man: more exagerated nods as he either finds a dish for me or makes his way to the table where he eats.

The signing is helping - although he mostly seems to think and talk about the cats and dogs that he MIGHT see once a day. We really should teach him more signs but ah well.

No comments: