Saturday, June 14, 2008

Train sets ROCK

Well we just got back from a birthday party. It was lots of fun and the Dad just made a train table for his 4 year old son. It is FABULOUS! I intentionally take my little guy to Barnes and Noble to play with the train table. Sure, he probably is exposed to every disease known to man - but he can play for 20 or 30 minutes straight (and it's air conditioned and free - and there are books!). So, I think a good train set is an excellent investement.

Today, I was looking at other people's blogs and someone recommended ImagiPLAY - now here are some good wooden toys at a reasonable price. These are the types of toys that kids can tell stories with FOR HOURS - if you let them. So, I encourage you to check them out. I haven't ordered anything from them (yet) but I think we probably will. They have sets of wooden animals for $6.00. You can hardly get a pair of plastic animals for that price!

Little guy still isn't old enough to be telling stories with the stuff that he owns - but he does line up all his bath toys on the edge of tub like his friend did when they came over. He's a little bit of a copy cat. Oh well! I look forward to the stories he'll tell.

No comments: