Friday, August 24, 2007

My first phrase

Today little man said his first phrase. Let me preface this by saying once this past week I think he said bye-bye in context. Yesterday as we were doing our nightly reading and prayers I could have sworn he said "Amen" after I did last night. Well this morning was unmistakeable. We were eating breakfast and saying good-bye to Dad. Dad got out the door and then A picked up his hand, waved and said "ba-ba da-da"! Well I freaked out and ran to the door and told dad to come in and give his genius son a kiss. A was a little overwhelmed by the attention. When Dad left again A did it again - not as clear - but he was doing it!

He has also been trying to use signs but it's a little confusing. To most people his favorite sign looks like milk. But, we haven't taught him the sign for milk so it could be many different things: waving (hello/bye-bye), light (which I think he also did on purpose this morning) or come here (because we are always waving at him to follow us places around the house). You have to watch him in context to see if he's just flapping his hand or trying to say something. I should probably start being more dilligent about the signing again now that I'm home more often.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OH ... my genius grandson! TFS!!!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Congratulations!