Saturday, September 08, 2007

Christmas in September!

Last week my friend and I decided to take the plunge and buy a whole boat load of Montessori materials for the co-op. Today the materials arrived in three huge boxes - all of her children were very excited about the boxes. After they were all in bed we began to open and open and open the boxes. I didn't realize just how much stuff we would have. It is all well made (it seems) and I know what to do with most of the materials - so that's good. Now we just have to figure out how to hide . . . ummm. . . store everything for the kids.

Co-op plans are coming along. We decided to do a "trial run" this fall for about 6 or 7 weeks to work on the kinks and to allow people to go through the holidays without extra stress. After this time we will evaluate how it's going and see what we might want to change. Our target first day is October 2nd - so it is coming up pretty soon.

I am now trying to decide if I should participate in an on-line very loose Montessori "training course" starting in October. I think it would probably be worth it. I am also taking the gifted and talented program development course this fall from UNT. I am not sure what to do for my major project because I don't work at a school - I think that will be next week's challenge (oh
plus the fundraiser I am pulling together).

Receiving all of that cool stuff was like Christmas in Spetember. I am really excited about actually using it. I think our kid will love it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why can't developing the co-op be integrated into your major project? Obviously, I don't know what your course requirements are, but I bet you could convince your professor to accept it.

Anonymous said...

I agree with rmh. It can't hurt to at least ask.

Good luck!