Saturday, September 15, 2007

Success!

Yesterday was the big fundraiser. Although I have had my doubts that this would be a success since March - I have to say, somehow - not by me - it all came together. We ended up with 30 silent auction items (as of Wednesday I knew we had about 12)! We served about 75 plates or so (as of yesterday we had 36 confirmed attending). So once again God was bigger and brought it all together. I actually took little man with me to help set up for a while in the afternoon and he stayed in his stroller for about 2 and 1/2 hours just watching us (and eating pasta some of the time). He barely fussed at all - although he was looking pretty tired at some points. His chill attitude is SO helpful to mom.
So now we are on to the next adventure - the preschool coop. It actually is scheduled to start in about 2 weeks so I need to GET BUSY! I think we will have about 8 kids to start with which is a pretty good number. We'll see what happens from there. I was able to purchase some curriculum materials this week. From the little I've read they are wonderful and exactly what we need. However, I was busy gluing fish nametags together so I didn't have much time to browse through them. That's my goal this week. One of the albums has over 40 lessons on "grace and courtesy". Who can't appreciate that?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Our God is an awesome God!!!