Thursday, September 13, 2007

Murphy's Law

Well I think someone gave little man a very nice birthday gift - a little virus. So he has had a high temperature for the past few days. No other real signs of sickness - a little lethargic but other than that he seems okay. This of course is his first real illness - which messed up our well baby appointment today (it became a sick baby and we'll have to go back for the shots). The other issue is that tomorrow I am helping to host a fundraiser. Well I had planned to draw on the generosity of my friends to watch little man while I took care of business - but I can't do that when he's sick. So, here we are. His first real illness comes in the midst of a key time. Dad also isn't available because they are down two or three people at work. So, that's the way it goes. I do hope he gets better quickly for his own sake. With some tylenol in him he barely acts sick at all (although his temp is still around 101).
Such is life with a small child - never on your schedule are they?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, they are not and that is the joy and frustration of having them. They force us to slow down and really be in the moment. Sarah J. blogged about this on her blog. Enjoy the time with him!