Thursday, April 05, 2007

Softy Love

I will get back to blogging about Made to Stick but I have been ignoring the 15 library books I have checked out and trying something different this week. I have been online looking for patterns for various things and have found a few that I thought were worth trying out. So here are some of my creations from this week.

This is my rendition of the Chibi Bunny since it is Easter.


The big bunny is Buster for the boy and the little one is Mimi (she was my second trial run - the first one didn't even get stuffed). It is kind of hard to tell in this picture (the lighting isn't that great) but his left ear has already been mauled (I mean loved on). I also tried to make a cloth doll - but I am not sure how to make its head look human.

Yesterday I spent most of the day trying to get library books out of the little ones mouth so I decided he needed some cloth books. I found some great instructions that I played around with a little bit (but I can't find them now of course). Anyway, I decided to pull out my stamping stuff and make an object per "page". Overall they turned out well and he has really liked them so far. I am using non-toxic substances and I will need to heat set them soon. So now he has his On the Go book (cars, planes, etc.) and his Nature Book (bugs, leaves, flowers). He can chew on these all he wants.

I still am interested in making the baby booties - I have tried but I haven't found a pattern that works for me. Tonight I might have come across one (my problem is the heel). I am also eyeing the "sock puppy" much like the "sock monkey" (I made one of these in December and he turned out pretty good). Actually you can make "sock dolls" too and that might be what we end up doing for baby dolls around here. Seeing as my attempt at a doll so far looks like an alien.

There is a whole universe of softy animals out there. As my husband says, we don't really need any more stuffed animals - but it's fun. I am also thinking about going back to plastic canvas (a blast from the past). We'll see!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Chibi bunnies look great as does the cloth book! HAPPY EASTER!!!

Anonymous said...

Great idea with the books. To add texture you could use different materials and for sounds stuff the insides with different materials for different sounds.

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed. How do you manage to do it all?