Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Brrrrrrr


Well this is as cold as it gets here. We have now been "iced" in for about 2 days. We were planning on finishing up cleaning anyway - so this has worked out nicely. My husband also fortified our video collection in expectation of the storm. This time he actually picked some movies that I found pretty funny. Someone said that there have been over 400 vehicle accidents in the San Antonio area. Well, we care barely drive when it rains around here - so you can imagine that ice has sent us over the edge. Apparently I-10 is closed from downtown San Antonio halfway to El Paso. There are tons of truckers stuck in little ol' Boerne waiting to get on the road. Apparently one reporter accidentally pulled the door handle off her car door when it was iced over (poor craftsmanship?). We haven't lost electricity, Internet or television - so all is good here. So, yes, we are wimpy here in South Texas - a little bit of ice does close down the 10th largest city in America - but it's better to be safe than sorry! This is a picture of the icicles hanging off of our house that my husband took this morning. Pretty impressive (they he knocked them all off). All I can say is that I'm glad I am not at my old job. Being cooped up with 40 teenagers for these two days would be a little much for my patience. Although I did check in on them and they all seem to be surviving (hey - no school is a nice thing). So, here's hoping that the ice lets up soon and we can once again travel the highways and byways of our fair city.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad about SA closing for its ice, the 4th largest city closed down for NO ice!!! - Dad