Saturday, March 24, 2007

Garden IS Growing

I am pleased to share that I have not yet killed the plants in my garden (in part because it has been raining all week). I even have some little sprouts coming up. On the right is a little pumpkin sprout. On the left, if you look carefully, you can see that this little pumpkin sprout hasn't shed it's seed yet. How fun is that!
In another happy surprise we have lots of nice things growing around our yard (beyond the dandelions - which my husband did hack down last weekend - he was surprised at how mighty they were). I found some ivy, some herbs, and other plants that I can't identify (mostly because I know nothing about plants). We have actually owned our house for a YEAR now. Hard to believe - but we didn't move in until June last year so we didn't see all of this spring growth. Below is the lovely flower that greets us as we step out our front doorstep. I had nothing to do with it's growth or development.

No comments: